Saturday 3 September 2016

BWF: SuperFanSaturday #1: Tammy!:

Hello and welcome to the first ever edition of BWF: SuperFanSaturday!
Every Saturday from now on we will be having in depth conversations with some of the best fans that British wrestling as to offer! We want to let everyone know that it isn't just the wrestlers that dedicate their lives to the art. Many fans spend a whole lot of time and a whole lot of money to enjoy the product in person.
Today we will be talking to WCPW and British wrestling mega fan Tammy!
When asked, Tammy said that the match that got her into wrestling was The Undertaker V Mick Foley at King Of The Ring!
Tammy is a huge fan of BX and Adam Blampied. Coming all the way from Portsmouth it takes Tammy 11 hours on the coach to get to Newcastle for WCPW. Dedication!
Tammy can be reached at @LadyBoobsTammy on twitter! Go thank her for giving us her time!

Without further ado let's get into the interview!


BWF:
Hello Tammy! You've became quite well known within the WCPW community! What is it like to get recognition from huge stars in the wrestling industry such as Mr Eric Bischoff? 

Tammy:
Haha. It is surreal. I'm literally just a care worker from Portsmouth on her phone and I'm shocked that I get recognition. I do like it. I do have an Adam Blampied 'what is my life?' Moment. Getting retweeted by people who I admire (particularly Bischoff) makes me squeal, I won't lie.

BWF:
Being a fan from outside of Newcastle, it's a very time consuming and expensive process to come to the WCPW shows. What is it that keeps bringing you back? There really is something special about the atmosphere at the O2!

Tammy:
I love WCPW and I can't help but come back. The atmosphere, the fans, the stars. It all keeps me coming back for more. I can't believe how great WCPW is. I'm a big fan of the channel (have been for a year) and it makes me so proud to see how far they've come, so I go along to support and cheer for the guys who have had such a bright influence on me.

 BWF:
You've been running your site () and writing all about your WCPW adventures. Many people that don't pay attention to wrestling don't realise how much fun the other aspects of the business are (Meet and greets and Q&A sessions.) What does it mean to you to attend these events that allow you to have a glimpse behind the curtain?

Tammy:
I have more of an insight how much work it must take to run a show now. I see how busy the WhatCulture guys are running the events. It's insane. It means a lot to me to attend the events. I'm gutted to miss out on the VIP for Refuse to Lose but I'm still going to attend as I have to support my boys and girls. I don't like to claim I have any personal experience backstage but attending the VIP part, where they are still essentially setting up, makes me realise how much of a arse ache it must be to run the shows. WhatCulture are mad!

 BWF:
One of the most important things in wrestling in my opinion is the fact that at a show you can instantly start up a conversation with anybody and get a warm response. How vital is meeting new people and chanting along with friends to the wrestling experience as a whole?

Tammy:
I think it's vital to meet people at smaller shows like WCPW and actually make friends. Wrestling shows in general are amazing places to meet people and make friends. I've made so many friends at the 4 events I've attended so far, some of those people I believe will stay in my life for a long time. Also chanting creates the atmosphere. I attended a show 3 years ago for a promotion and the crowd was dead. Utterly dead, no chanting, no crowd interaction and it felt so forced. We didn't cheer or boo which was a shame. I love a good chant. Moose! (The WCPW Universe will soon understand what Tammy means about the Moose! chant!)

BWF:
WCPW have an absolutely massive show coming up in October! Several huge names announced so far (Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Cody Rhodes and Jay Lethal to name a few.) What part of that hugnormois show are you looking forward to the most? 

Tammy:
What part am I looking toward to? Adam Blampied. Aside from that I'm really looking forward to seeing Bret Hart live. The Hart Family were a huge part of my growing up. I was becoming more aware of wrestling during the mid to late 90s and the Harts were a big part of WWF and WCW at that time. I can't wait to see another idol in person. I'll probably be star struck and be a blubbering wreck. I am very much looking forward to Cody and Kurt as well, hope Kurt comes out to the old WWF Angle music. I would love to hear the Newcastle crowd chanting 'you suck!'. I don't think there's one single part I can pick! 

Thanks so much to Tammy! 

Are you a huge fan of British wrestling? Get in touch on twitter @BritishWFinest and you can feature on this weekly segment!

Check out Tammy's site!: 
Check out Tammy's twitter!: @ladyboobstammy 
 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment