Tuesday 6 September 2016

BWF: Interview #6 Gabriel Kidd

My name is Lewis and welcome to the sixth BWF interview with the young but highly experienced Gabriel Kidd. Gabriel can be found every week on WCPW and also takes bookings for some amazing promotions such as TCW, LCW and Southside Wrestling.
Make sure to follow Gabriel on all his social media!
Twitter & instagram: @WrestlingGabe 
Facebook: /WrestlingGabe. 



















Credit: Oli Sandler from WhatCulture (@OliRingside) and WhatCulture.

Without futher ado, Let's talk to the talented Gabriel Kidd!

BWF:
Getting into the business so young appears to be such a big challenge. You are officially the youngest member of the WCPW roster. I have seen you wrestle in person about 5 times now and I can honestly say that you have the ring presence of a performer well beyond your years. Is it a good feeling knowing that you've gotten into the industry so young? And do you feel any jealousy in the various locker rooms regarding the fact that you have decades ahead of you in the business?

Gabriel Kidd: 
First of all, thank you for your kind words! I feel extremely grateful to have discovered wrestling at the age I did. I may not have realised it at the time, but it seems to have played a great advantage in my career so far. I wouldn't say jealously, I would say I am grateful to be able to share locker rooms with wrestlers who have so much knowledge about this industry. To get to watch, listen and learn from people like that is one of my favourite aspects about professional wrestling.

BWF:
I watched your promo for Southside Wrestling. You called out Joseph Conners. How much does this match mean for you and your career? The promo was excellent and definitely built hype for the match!

Gabriel Kidd:
This means a lot for my career. I class Joseph Conners as one of the best professional wrestlers in the world, and to have him teach me as much as he has is something I am eternally grateful for. But I now have to start making decisions for myself, and he's gone down a dark path with the decisions he has been making. I have all the respect in the world for Joseph, but this is what I must do to make an impression.

BWF:
In WCPW as of late you are contractually forced to do everything Prince Ameen asks of you. Do you believe this will have negative effects on your career in the long run? Will there come a point when you believe that your dignity will become worth more than your job?

Gabriel Kidd:    
If he beat me fair and square, I would happily obey every command he gave me. But the fact he stooped so low as to kick me in my nads, that's what annoys me. I don't know what effect it may have on my future, I may power through or it may get to a point where I cannot continue what I am doing. We will have to see. 

BWF:
A common question asked in interviews is who is your dream opponent. I am very interested in who you in particular would like to face. Who is one opponent that you would wish to face from any generation?

Gabriel Kidd: 
My dream match from any generation would have to be a singles contest with William Regal. Preferably world of sport rules. He has been a true inspiration on my career.  

BWF:
When wrestling for a show that will air, do you feel like there is more pressure placed on you? Or do you blank out the cameras and focus on your art?  

Gabriel Kidd: 
It's a hard one. I don't tend to think about it. I aim to please the audience, whether they have bought a ticket or if they are watching at home.  

Fan question: via(@RealPrinceAmeen) How privileged do you feel to be under Prince Ameen's tutelage?

Gabriel Kidd:
I'd rather scrub Bruce Forsyth's toes for 5 hours every second Tuesday for 56 years than be under that man's "tutelage."


We really appreciate your time!  
We would love to have you on again in the future if you have the time! 
Everyone go thank Gabriel Kidd for us and make sure to follow him on twitter: @WrestlingGabe 


Our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatCj0GVSW0
Follow us on twitter at @BritishWFinest
Follow myself on twitter @LewisKelly316 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BritishWFinest/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment