Monday 5 September 2016

BWF: Interview #5: Jed Masters.

My name is Lewis and welcome to the fifth interview with one of FTWs top stars: Jed Masters. Jed is an amazing wrestler that (like us!) is based out of Newcastle!
Make sure to get on down to FTWs next show, the Barmston Bash at NE38 sports bar Washington, NE38 8DG. Friday October 28th. 6.30pm. Jed will definitely be there, showcasing how good British wrestling really is. Thank you so much to Jed who is continuously helping to put Newcastle on the map!
Make sure to follow Jed on Twitter: @JMastersW
Also make sure to show up at FTW to support this great guy!

Without futher ado, let's talk to Jed Masters!


 
BWF: 
Hello and thanks for your time! We are also based out of Newcastle! There are many wrestling promotions cropping up on Tyneside! What do you think it is about the "Geordie" fans that attracts them to wrestling? 

Jed Masters: 
No problem. Thanks for having me on here. I think geordies are generally a very passionate bunch and that translates well into wrestling, Where you can give immediate feedback on how the performers are doing at any given time. It also helps that over the last few years we've had our very own wrestling superstar- Neville (aka my old mate Pac). That's really put Newcastle on the wrestling map. 

BWF: 
Our site is all about wrestling. British wrestling in particular. British wrestling is very different to the American wrestling we see on TV. Almost every British wrestler works a second job. For you in particular, what is it that encourages you to keep on pushing in this hectic business?

Jed Masters:
I can't really help it, I love wrestling so much, it's always drawn me in from an early age. It gets very disheartening when you have big gaps between bookings but I think of all the work I've put in so far and the possibilities to come, that's what spurs me on. I grind away as a full time postman, usually clocking up to ten miles of walking a day, five days a week, just at work. I've started working as a personal trainer as well over the last year and a half. It does get difficult to stay on track.

BWF: 
Getting a good balance between wrestling, training and also making a living in between must take a lot of work. Does life ever get too busy? Or do you just take it one day at a time? 


Jed Masters: 
Yeah man life is far too busy, most of the time. I've got an amazing girlfriend to keep happy. I'm a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu (just like Brock Lesner!), though I've taken that down to once a week recently and I've been getting to more pro-wrestling training these last few months. I'm into so much fun stuff, I'm resigned to the fact won't be able to fit everything I want in, so I just do my best with the time and energy I have.

BWF: 
We see you perform for FTW on a regular basis. What would you say is your main goal In professional wrestling?

Jed Masters:
I love performing for Full Tilt Wrestling. They really value me and have used me on every show since their rebirth in mid 2013. My goal with wrestling is to take it as far as I can take it before I get too old! More specifically, I want to work for all the local promotions. Hopefully spread out from there. An international match would be big success to me, be that Europe, USA or Japan. I suppose my main goal is to win over fans to support me and let promoters know about me.

BWF:
Finally, there are many different styles of wrestling. Which category do you believe your style fits into? And who had the biggest influence into it?

Jed Masters:  
I'm much more of technical wrestler than anything else. I take alot of inspiration from American Dragon Bryan Danielson (aka Daniel Bryan), I was lucky enough to train under him for a couple of hours, about ten years ago. I was always so impressed with how he controlled his opponents with grappling, especially during his roh title reign.

Fan question (via: @Niaz_99) Being a personal trainer is a whole world of its own. Do you teach any of the same methods that you use whilst training for wrestling yourself?

Jed Masters:
It's often quite different to what I do myself but there are definitely elements that carry over. I use a lot of yoga postures in my personal training and I often do yoga in my spare time to heal up and stretch out. Things like burpees and squats are abundant in both. Who doesn't need strong legs and lungs!


We really appreciate your time!  
We would love to have you on again in the future if you have the time! 
Everyone go thank Jed Masters for us and make sure to follow him on twitter: @JMastersW
He also features on our promotional video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatCj0GVSW0


Follow us on twitter at @BritishWFinest
Follow myself on twitter @LewisKelly316 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment